gdpr & Data protection
If your company uses personal data, that is data from which an individual can be identified, then you need some form of control of that data with policies protecting it.
We have first-hand practical experience of compliance with data protection laws and working with DPOs. Indeed, we can act as your DPO or deputy DPO if you already have one.
Our practice covers GDPR and when we exit the EU, the Data Protection Act 2019. Our experience is extensive as we have acted for several large organisations in their compliance programmes as well as managing day to day requirements.
- External DPO Services, with which we include legal services as an add on.
- Industry knowledge on the application of data protection, the use of data and the fine balance with the fundamental protection of human rights.
- If you collect customer data, the legal basis of doing so. We can advise on consent management and legitimate interests.
- Cookies, their use, and future issues such as the use of 3rd party cookies in programmatic advertising and Google.
- Data Security. We can work with your data security teams to review contracts or create policies.
- Data Sharing.
- Targeted marketing and advertising on the internet
- Employee data and monitoring
- Exporting personal data outside of the EU
- Transactions that involve a significant amount of data being transferred, whether customer, supplier, or employee data.
- Application to AI (Artificial Intelligence) and machine learning.
Contracts dealt with:
Data Protection Agreements
Data Controller, Data Processor, Sub-processors
Controller to Controller, Controller to Processor,
Contracts negotiated with the likes of:
Vodafone, MacMillan, British Heart Foundation, Ferrero, Liberty Global, Volkswagen AG, Pepsico, Iotec Porsche, UK TV, Eurotunnel, Betway, Hankook, Biersdorf, Pokerstars, Bayer, McDonalds, Azadea (UEA) Verisure, Signet Jewellery, Unilever, Infiniti, Viacom, Sainsburys, HP, Dennis Publishing, Banco Santander, Barclays Bank, Barclaycard, Cognizant, Henkel, Premier Restaurants Latvia, Levi Strauss, Canon, Estee Lauder, Disney, Greggs, Amazon.
Googel, Facebook, Twitter, Outbrain, Lolagrove, The Trade Desk, Yandex, Adforms, Experian, Oath, Tapad, Telium, Marin Software, Amazon Web Services, Statiq, Liv
Data Protection, Cybersecurity, AI and Technology Law
We acted as project managers with Altea Consulting on the Omnicom Media Group’s EU Compliance Programme. From negotiating DPAs to attending sales meeting with key clients, we were there.
Working with clients
We advise on all aspects of data and data protection so that your organisation can feel confident that it is compliant.